If you travel often and are a big fan of Marriott locations then the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card might be the perfect fit for you. This card is packed full of ways to earn free hotel stays and every purchase you make earns you points towards Marriott® hotel stays, airline miles, elite guest services and more. There is an annual fee of $85 per year, but for the first year this fee gets waived.
- Enjoy up to 7 Free Nights To Start!
- New! Smart Chip Technology and No Foreign Transaction Fees!
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott® locations
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Receive 1 free night stay after account approval and each year upon account anniversary
- Cardmembers achieve Silver Elite status with 15 nights credit toward Elite status
The card does not have an introductory rate, but offers a regular APR of 15.24% (Variable). This card is designed for those with excellent credit.
The bonus points this card offers is an excellent deal for first-time cardmembers because you can cash them in for free stays. After opening your account you will receive 1 Free Night Stay e-certificate which is good for any category 1-4 hotels worldwide. This e-certificate expires after 6 months, so don’t forget about it. When it comes to earning points it’s easy and there are several ways to earn:
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott locations. This includes staying at any of the 3,300 Marriott locations around the world. So if you like to stay at Marriott hotels, this will benefit you the most.
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on dining, car rental and airline. This is a great way to double your points, but this doesn’t apply if you make your purchases online.
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on eligible purchases everywhere else. This does not include balance transfers, cash advances, etc.
As a cardmember you also get the added luxury of being awarded with one free night stay e-certificate at a hotel in category 1-5 every year. This benefit does not come with the standard Marriott Rewards credit card. The e-certificate automatically gets added to your Marriott Rewards Account 6 to 8 weeks from your account anniversary. You also must redeem this e-certificate within 6 months from date of issue or you will lose it.
When it comes to redeeming your points you can do so for airline miles, hotel stays (at Marriott or The Ritz-Carlton hotels worldwide) or merchandise from their online SkyMall. You can also redeem for car rentals, cruise certificates or travel packages. As always, there’s no limit to the amount of points you can earn.
As an Elite member, you get to enjoy all the exclusive benefits of membership such as Elite Only Rewards, Priority Late Checkout, exclusive Guest Services Line, and more. Elite membership has 3 levels: Gold, Silver and Platinum. This benefit is the same for the standard Marriott Rewards credit card. Every time you spend $3,000 you will earn 1 night credit towards Elite status. There is no limit to the amount of night credits you can earn toward Elite status for this card.
Once you earn 15 nights credit towards Elite status a year that will turn your status level into Silver Elite status or better. However, if you are the primary cardholder of various Marriott Rewards cards, you will only be eligible to earn 10 nights Elite status credit in total between all card accounts. The standard Marriott Rewards credit card also only gives you 10 nights credit.
How to Apply for the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
Applying for this credit card is quick and easy. We’ve provided a link below that will take you to the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card website. From this page, you can click on the apply now button to go to the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card secure online application. The application takes just a few minutes to complete, and they will even notify you about the outcome of your application.
To get started, visit the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card official website.