Marriott and Chase have recently added another perk to the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card. They’ve made the offer slightly better by adding Trip Cancellation and Trip Delay Insurance to their offer. This card was already an ideal choice for those who travel abroad because of the no foreign transaction fees. Now, the offer is even more appealing for those seeking a travel rewards card because of the two newly added perks. Let’s take a look at the details:
- Trip Cancellation Insurance – With trip cancellation insurance you will be reimbursed for a non-refundable ticket due to covered emergencies and cancellations as long as you purchased the ticket with your Marriott card.
- Trip Delay Reimbursement – This will cover you if you have out of pocket expenses while being delayed. If your trip is delayed for more than 12 hours, reasonable expenses like meals and lodging will be covered.
Since this card is a Visa Signature card you also get a handful of other travel perks which we have listed below.
- Travel Accident Insurance – This perks is a common carrier insurance which means that if you book your tickets (airline, cruise etc) with this card, you will be covered for accidental death or injuries to and from the trip to your port of departure. The minimum coverage starts at $250,000.
- Lost Luggage Insurance – If you lose your baggage then you are covered for up to $3,000 dollars.
- Emergency Travel and Medical Services – With this service you will be provided with medical assistance, legal referrals, translation services etc. It’s a free referral service provided by Visa, but if you actually use one of the services then you pay for it.
- Car Rental Insurance – This perks applies to both domestic and international rentals. For domestic rentals, the collision and theft insurance kicks in when you pay for your car rental with the card. The coverage is secondary (after your primary auto insurance) and will cover things like deductibles and other areas which your primary auto coverage is unable to cover. For international rentals, the coverage is primary if your auto insurance does not cover overseas driving. Countries like Israel, Ireland and Jamaica are not covered.
Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Enjoy up to 7 Free Nights To Start!
- New! Smart Chip Technology and No Foreign Transaction Fees!
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott® locations
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Receive 1 free night stay after account approval and each year upon account anniversary
- Cardmembers achieve Silver Elite status with 15 nights credit toward Elite status
Get more details about the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card.