There are a variety of credit cards offers that give rebates on gasoline purchases. Some cards can only be used at specific gas stations and other cards can be used at any station. Below is a list of credit cards that offer special rebates when used at Gas stations. Always be sure to check the terms and conditions for each card as rates and fees may change.
Cards with Gas Rebates at Any Station
- American Express TrueEarnings Card from Costco: You earn 3% for the first $3,000 in annual gasoline purchases (1% thereafter), 3% for restaurants, 2% for travel, and 1% everywhere else, including Costco. There is a 0% intro APR for 6 months, then Prime Rate plus 11.99%. The applicant must be a current member of Costco in good standing. If your Costco membership has expired you need to renew it prior to taking advantage of this offer.
- Discover More Card: You earn 5% Cashback Bonus® in categories like gas, home, travel, restaurants, movies and more. You earn 5% to 20% Cashback Bonus at top retailers through our exclusive online shopping site and up to 1% Cashback Bonus on all other purchases automatically. The card offers a 0% Intro APR for 6 months on Purchases, and 12 months on Balance Transfers. After the intro period the variable APR is between 8.74% and 15.74% plus the prime rate.
- Chase Freedom(SM)Card : You earn 3% Bonus Cash Back Offers in Categories Like Gas, Home Improvement and Department Stores. Earn 1% Cash Back on Every Purchase with no Spending Tiers or Caps on how much you can earn. You can also take advantage of a 0% intro on balance transfers for up to 12 months.
- Discover® Student Card: You earn 5% Cashback Bonus in categories that change like travel, gas, groceries, restaurants and more. Earn 5% to 20% Cashback Bonus through ShopDiscover and up to 1% unlimited Cashback Bonus on all other purchases automatically. The card offers a 0% Intro on purchases until the last day of the billing period ending during June 2010. The standard variable APR is 11.74% plus the prime rate.
Cards Designed for Gas Rebates at Specific Stations
- Chevron Texaco Visa Card: You earn 10¢ per gallon in fuel credits on fuel purchases made at Chevron and Texaco, 3% in fuel credits on non-fuel purchases at Chevron and Texaco and 1% in fuel credits on all other non-fuel purchases everywhere Visa cards are accepted. A maximum of $300 in total Fuel Credits may be accrued and redeemed in any calendar year. The variable APR is based on your credit history and is between 7.99% plus the prime rate (but no lower than 13.49%) and 14.99% plus the prime rate (but no lower than 20.49%).
- ExxonMobil MasterCard: You can earn 15 cents per gallon rebates on gasoline purchases at more than 11,000 Exxon and Mobil stations nationwide. Each year, earn up to 2% rebates on your first $10,000 spent on other eligible purchases, and 1% on other eligible purchases over $10,000. Take advantage of 0% APR on all purchases you make with your ExxonMobil MasterCard for 6 months. The variable APR is based on your credit history and is between 7.99% and 11.99% plus the prime rate.
- Shell MasterCard: You earn 5% rebates on Shell gasoline purchases. Plus earn 1% rebates on all other purchases made everywhere else. The variable APR is 7.99% plus the prime rate. For the first 12 months there is no annual fee, thereafter $20 per year but it will be waived if you have 9 or more transactions.