The Citi Forward® Card offers innovative rewards with a low introductory interest rate offer, all with no annual fee. In a first for the credit card industry, Citi Forward will reduce the regular APR on the card by 0.25% each quarter in which you pay your bill on time and stay under the card’s credit limit. The Forward card also offers several ways to earn Citi ThankYou Points.
- $100 in gift cards - When you redeem the 10,000 bonus ThankYou® Points received after you make $650 in purchases and sign up for paperless statements within the first 3 months
- 0% intro APR for 12 months on balance transfers and for 7 months on purchases. After that, 12.99% - 22.99% variable
- 5 points for every $1 spent at restaurants and on books, movies and music. 1 point for every $1 you spend on all other purchases
- APR reduction on purchases when using credit wisely
- No Annual Fee*
Citi Forward ThankYou Points
Arguably the best feature of the Citibank Forward card is its reward points. The card comes with several ways to earn both bonus points and ongoing points through everyday purchases.
Bonus ThankYou Points
- 1,000 bonus points when you sign up for paperless statements within 3 months of account opening
- 100 points each billing period when you pay on time and stay under your credit line
Everyday ThankYou Points
- 5 reward points for every $1 you spend on books, movies, music and at restaurants.
- 1 reward point for every $1 you spend on other purchases
Purchase APR Reduction
Citi Forward also offers one of the most unique options to actually lower your interest rate. Simply make a purchase, stay under your credit line and pay on time 3 billing periods in a row, and Citi will reduce your purchase APR by 0.25%. You can continue to lower your interest rate by a total of 2%.
0% Introductory Offer
The card offers an introductory rate of 0% for 7 months* on purchases. After the introductory rate, the APR you receive is 12.99%-22.99%* (Variable), based on your creditworthiness.
Other Citi Forward Features
As with other Citi credit cards, the Forward card offers a number of additional benefits. In fact, Citi offers so many additional perks with its credit cards, it’s difficult to list them all in one article. But here are some of the more popular features:
- Virtual Account Numbers: With one click, you can generate a random credit card number and make it virtually impossible for anyone to steal your account number while shopping online. Then, you enter this number into the merchant’s form and complete your purchase without revealing your real card number.
- Citi® Photocard: Citi® Photocard offers added security and a great form of photo identification by putting your picture and signature on the front of your Citi card. Now that’s something to smile about. Simply call the telephone number on the back of your card for details.
- Retail Purchase Protection: Retail Purchase Protection protects most items purchased with your Citi card against theft or accidental damage up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Extended Warranty: Extended Warranty coverage may provide extension of up to one additional year on manufacturers’ U.S. warranties of one year or less with most purchases on your card.
- Paperless Statements: Receive monthly statements online only and get instant access to your last 12 statements in PDF format. Less paper in the mail means less chance of your sensitive information ending up in the wrong hands.
- The Lost Wallet® Service: If your Citi card is lost or stolen, Citi will issue a new card at no cost. Citi can also provide you with emergency cash, subject to your available cash limit, and information to help you replace important documents.
How to Apply
To apply for the Citi Forward card, you must have a valid social security number and be at least 18 years of age. Citi offers a secure online application that can be completed in just minutes. To get more details about the Citi Forward card and to apply online, go to the Citi Forward® Card official website.