The Citi ThankYou® Premier Rewards Card has just been re-launched by Citi and it now gives cardmembers the opportunity to earn more. It doubles the amount of rewards you can earn for the first two years and best of all, you can use these rewards for just about anything. It offers a straight forward rewards program which makes it a good card to add to your wallet. The rate you receive is all based on your creditworthiness. Here are the details of the card:
- Earn 2X's ThankYou® Points on all your purchases for 24 months from account opening
- After that, earn 1.2 ThankYou Points at supermarkets, drug stores, gas stations, commuter transportation and parking merchants and 1 ThankYou point for every $1 on all other purchases
- Earn points for the miles you fly when you purchase a ticket with your Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- No foreign transaction fee on purchases*
- Annual complimentary domestic companion ticket, within the contiguous U.S.
- No points cap and no expiration of points
Perhaps the best feature of the card is its earning potential. The card is offer 2X’s ThankYou® Points on all your purchases for the first 24 months. That’s a 2% earning on all your purchases. After 24 months, the card pays 1.2 ThankYou Points per $1 spent at gas stations, supermarkets, drugstores, commuter transportation and parking merchants and one point per dollar on all other purchases. The nice thing about this card is there are no rotating categories to keep up with.
Many Citi cards, including this one, have the added bonus of being able to earn points in other ways besides spending. Here’s a look at how you can earn:
- Earn bonus points for enrolling in Account Online and for signing up for Paperless Statements.
- Get extra points when shopping through the ThankYou® Bonus Center, a network of 600+ retailers you know and love.
- Earn points for the miles you fly when you purchase a ticket with your Citi ThankYou Premier Card.*
This card also includes two additional point bonuses. First, when you sign up for online viewing of your account and for paperless statements, you’ll earn 400 bonus ThankYou® points. Second, each year you renew your card, you’ll earn a percentage bonus, based on the amount of points you earned during the year.
- 0-1 years = 1%
- 1-2 years = 2%
- 2-3 = 3%
- 3-4 = 4%
- 4 or after = 5%
Many rewards cards come with an annual fee, and so does this one. However, the fee of $125 is waived for the first year.
Additional Citi ThankYou® Premier Card Details
This card offers a variety of additional benefits for being a card member. Here is a list of some of the additional benefits the card offers:
- Private pass access: With Private Pass, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to purchase presale tickets, preferred seating and more. Log-in to the Private Pass website, where all available events are listed, including golf, restaurants, nightclubs, shopping, sporting events, theater and other great events.
- Concierge Service: The Diamond Preferred Concierge Service can take care of just about everything, from booking flights and hotel rooms to purchasing concert tickets or making restaurant reservations. This service is also available 24/7 anywhere in the world.
- Extra Cash from Citi: Extra Cash from Citi is a free benefit program that offers you discounts on travel, entertainment, merchandise and more. Earn Extra Cash totaling up to 10% of the purchases made with your Diamond Preferred card.
- Price Protection: If you buy something with your Citi card and then see it advertised in print for less within 60 days, you will receive a refund for the difference up to $250 (excludes Internet purchases and certain items).
- Retail Purchase Protection: Most items purchased with your Citi Diamond Preferred Card are eligible for protection against accidental damage or theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
- $0 Liability on Unauthorized Charges: Shop anywhere and never lose a penny on unauthorized charges. With $0 Liability you won’t pay for any unauthorized charges made on your Citi credit card.
- Travel & Emergency Assistance: You’re protected when you’re traveling in the U.S. and abroad. Travel & Emergency Assistance include medical and legal referrals, lost luggage assistance, emergency transportation, and translation services. Also included in this service are MasterTrip Travel Assistance, Travel Services Medical Assistance and MasterLegal Referral Service.
- Automatic Travel Accident Insurance: Charge plane, train or bus tickets to your Citi card and you, your spouse and eligible dependent children are automatically covered for Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance at no additional cost.
- Citi Photocard: Citi Photocard offers a great form of photo identification by putting your picture and signature on the front of your Citi card.
- Virtual Account Numbers: With virtual account numbers you never have to give out your real credit card number online. With one click, you can generate a substitute credit card number and make it impossible for anyone to steal your account number while shopping online.
- Citi MasterCard Payment Tag with PayPass: With this card you can use the Citi MasterCard Payment Tag with PayPass. This technology allows you to pay by tapping your payment tag on a PayPass reader at checkout. When you use this method you no signature is required for most purchases up to $25.
How to Apply for the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
Applying for this credit card is quick and easy. We’ve provided a link below that will take you to the official Citi ThankYou® Premier Card website. From this page, you can click on the apply now button to go to the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card secure online application. The application takes just a few minutes to complete, and they will even notify you about the outcome of your application.
To get started, visit the Citi ThankYou® Premier Rewards Card official website.