The American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card is a points reward charge card that enables card holders to earn double and even triple reward points. As an American Express charge card holder, there is no pre-set spending limit. There is an introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $175 Here are the card’s features:
The American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card offers a 3-tier point system. You earn triple points on airfare, double points on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, double points at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets and single points on other purchases. Bonus Points Mall is an online shopping destination available exclusively to American Express card members.
Amex also offers bonus points. You earn 25K Membership Rewards® points when you spend $2K during your first three months of Card membership; earn 15K points when you spend $30,000 within one calendar year.
Once you’ve earned the points, American Express offers several ways to use them:
- Use points whenever you’re ready — they have no expiration date
- Use the Pay with Points feature at American Express Travel and fly any airline, anytime, anywhere – there are no blackout dates or seat restrictions
- Redeem points for virtually anything from merchandise and gift cards to entertainment and travel
- Transfer points to frequent flyer programs or redeem for gift cards from some of the best names in retail and dining
In addition to earn triple points when you purchase airfare with the Premier Rewards Gold Card, Amex offers several other travel benefits with the card.
- Plan your trip with professionals: Access exclusive travel packages and discounts with Gold Card Destinations. To book your trip, go online or speak with one of our travel representatives. Plus, you can redeem points for all sorts of amazing travel rewards.
- Pay with Points: Book travel through the American Express Travel website using Membership Rewards points. Search and book your travel online when you want, where you want, and then redeem points toward all or part of your trip.
- Travel Assistance: Get emergency assistance anywhere, anytime with the Global Assist® Hotline. When you’re more than 100 miles from home, one phone call to us can help connect you with the help you need — from doctor referrals to passport assistance and emergency cash. While the many Global Assist Hotline coordination and assistance services are free benefits from American Express, Card members are responsible for the costs charged by third-party service providers.
- Car trouble won’t leave you stranded: We’ll get you back on track in no time with 24-hour Roadside Assistance when you travel. And when you rent a car with your Card, you can be covered under Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance — at no additional charge. This service provides up to 4 service calls per year, with $50 of coverage per service call. (Limit of 1 service call in 7 days for the same cause.) Towing is to nearest authorized facility at a maximum of 10 miles with a maximum of $50 coverage. Coverage is applicable to the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Less worry when it comes to your baggage: With the Baggage Insurance Plan6, you get automatic coverage against lost, stolen, or damaged baggage to checked and carry-on baggage when you purchase your Common Carrier tickets — for a plane, train, helicopter, ship, or bus — with your Card. American Express® Card Baggage Insurance Plan is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company, Administrative Office,Phoenix, AZ. Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions, and exclusions of Policy AX0400 or Policy BIP-IND and is subject to change with notice. This document does not supplement or replace the Policy.
- The added confidence of travel insurance: Travel Accident Insurance7provides up to $250,000 in accidental death and dismemberment insurance while traveling on a Common Carrier Conveyance (plane, train, ship, helicopter, or bus) when the entire fare has been charged to the Card.
Gold Card members will get access to preferred seating to some of the most sought-after events. You can also get information on upcoming events via the American Express Entertainment Access® weekly e-newsletter and website.
The American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card offers a number of retail protections. These protections make the card ideal for both everyday and large purchases:
- Questionable Charge: If you notice a strange charge on your statement, Amex will investigate and, in the meantime, you won’t be responsible for paying the charge
- Extended Warranty: Extend the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty, up to one year, on your eligible purchases that have U.S. warranties of 5 years or less when the purchase is charged to the Card
- Refund Protection if you change your mind and the store won’t take it back, Amex will refund the purchase price
- Purchase Protection: Protects eligible purchases made with the Card against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase
How to Apply for the American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
Applying for this credit card is quick and easy. We’ve provided a link below that will take you to the official American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card website. From this page, you can click on the apply now button to go to the American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card secure online application. The application takes just a few minutes to complete, and they will even notify you about the outcome of your application.
To get started, visit the American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card official website.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program. We do our best to accurately reflect the terms and conditions of credit card offers on this site. But please recognize that these terms and conditions can and do change from time to time. When you are evaluating credit card offers, please make sure to read the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website, as they may have changed since the information was last updated on this site.