It seems like traveling has become more and more expensive these days thanks to gas prices and additional checked baggage fees. Chase has just launched a travel rewards card just in time to save you some money for your summer travels. The United Mileage Plus® Club Card has many benefits including unlimited access to more than 50 United Club locations, priority check-in & boarding, and up to two free checked bags! The card has a hefty annual fee of $395, but if you’re a big traveling this fee is more than worth it.
Here are some of the details:
Rates and Offers
The APR you receive will be 15.24% (Variable)*, based on your creditworthiness. This is a competitive rate for a travel rewards card. This card does not offer a special introductory rate for purchases or balance transfers.
The real reason to consider this card is because of the rewards. Here’s how it works. You will earn 1.5 award miles per dollar spent which is a 50% bonus on the 1 mile per dollar you usually earn with travel rewards cards. When you purchase United tickets you will earn 2 miles per dollar you spend – those that travel with United will like this. Your miles don’t expire as long as you are a Cardmember and you won’t pay close-in booking fees on award tickets.
Club Card Travel Perks
Now to the fun stuff. As a cardmember you get special travel perks that can make your travel experience all the better. Here are some of the nice perks you get just for carrying the card:
- Check your first and second bag for free: This is my favorite perk so we will cover this first. You and a companion can each check your first and second standard bag for free on United flights. You just have to pay for your tickets with your card. This perks can save you up to $240 round trip.
- Visit the United Club(SM) every time you fly: You and your eligible travel companion can relax before your flight because you will have unlimited access to more than 50 United Club locations, as well as access to participating Star Alliance® affiliated lounges around the globe.
- Premier Access travel services: You will get priority check-in, security (where available), boarding and baggage handling benefits. This will save you some time at the airport.
- No foreign transaction fees: When making purchases outside the U.S. you won’t have to worry about any fees on foreign transactions.
- Enjoy Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection privileges: You will get room upgrades, complimentary breakfast and other special Cardmember-only amenities at more than 700 of the finest hotels, resorts and spas in the United States and around the world.
- Receive special treatment with Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® and Avis®: You will get an invitation to join an exclusive Avis® program and also get the benefits automatic enrollment in the Platinum Level of Hyatt’s Gold Passport® where you will get even more privileges.
How to Apply for the United Mileage Plus® Club Card
Applying for this credit card is quick and easy. We’ve provided a link below that will take you to the official Chase website. From this page, you can click on the apply now button to go to the United Mileage Plus® Club Card secure online application. The application takes just a few minutes to complete, and they will even notify you about the outcome of your application.
To get started, visit the United Mileage Plus® Club Card official website.