FICO® Standard is an easy way for you to access your FICO and credit scores. Most lenders use these score to determine what type of credit risk you are. When you apply for a credit card or loan, your scores are going to be the determining factor in whether you get approved and at what rate. By knowing your scores, you can work to improve your scores and you will know what type of risk lenders think you are. You have multiple FICO scores, one from each credit bureau. Each FICO score is based on the information that each credit bureau keeps on file about you. When you purchase your FICO scores and credit reports, you are getting a snapshot that is accurate at the time of your purchase. However, it’s important to note as the information in your credit reports changes, your FICO scores can also change. That’s why it is important to check your score regularly and with the FICO® Standard you can do that. Here are some of the features FICO® Standard offers its customers:
- Get your FICO® scores from your choice of Equifax or TransUnion. Each comes with a full explanation of the credit score and how lenders view you. Also includes actions you can take to get your FICO® score into the higher ranges.
- Get your credit reports from your choice of Equifax or TransUnion. Each credit report is a detailed snapshot of credit cards and loans opened in your name, companies accessing your credit file, delinquent payments and more.
- This simulator analyzes your personal credit information and answers questions such as, “What happens to my FICO® score if I pay off a credit card or open a new account?
FICO Credit Score
With the FICO Credit Score you can get your FICO scores from your choice of Equifax or TransUnion. You can choose which ever one you want to receive and both come with a full explanation of the credit score and how lenders view you. They also include an explanation of the positive and negative factors affecting your score. This will give you the detailed information you need to understand exactly why your score is being factored in the way that it is. Knowing your credit score is the first step in working to improve your overall score or just maintain your score. Here is an example of what you will see when it comes to your credit score:
You will be able to get your credit reports from your choice of Equifax or TransUnion. Each credit report is a detailed snapshot of credit cards and loans opened in your name, companies accessing your credit file, delinquent payments and more. Each credit report lists things like credit accounts, including all credit cards, auto loans, student loans, and mortgages in your name, including the creditor, balance, date opened, payment history, and current status. You will also be able to view things like inquiries such as recent applications for new credit, when a collection agency is seeking you to repay a debt and court judgments such as a bankruptcy, foreclosure, or tax lien. Here is a snapshot of what the FICO Standard will provide you:
FICO Score Simulator
The FICO Score Simulator is a tool that analyzes your credit information and then helps you learn how to raise your score. The simulator will answer questions like, “What happens to my FICO score if I pay off a credit card or open a new account?” The FICO Score Simulator shows how your FICO credit score from TransUnion or Equifax can change when you:
- Pay your bills on time for many months
- Miss a payment
- Pay down your debt balances right away or monthly
- “Max out” your credit cards
- Get a new mortgage, auto loan, credit card
- Get instant credit at a department store
- Transfer balances to a new credit card
- Declare bankruptcy
How To Sign Up For FICO® Standard
You can buy FICO® Standard for $15.95 which will give you access to either your TransUnion scores or Equifax scores. You do have the option to purchase both FICO scores and credit reports for the price of $31.90. This is a one time payment and not a monthly reoccurring payment. The service provides you with one FICO score and one credit report from either one or both of the credit bureaus based on what you choose. You purchase the FICO® Standard online with your credit card today.