The PenFed Premium Travel Rewards American Express® Card is designed for those that love to travel. You can earn points faster on your airfare purchases and the card offers 20,000 bonus points for new members. There is a low balance transfer introductory rate of 2.99% for the first 12 months. There is no annual fee and this card does not charge a foreign transaction fee when making purchases overseas. To qualify for this card you must have excellent credit and be a member of the Pentagon Federal Credit Union.
With this card you can earn points for anything you buy, and there is no limit to the number of points you can earn. You will earn 5 Points for every $1 you spend with airlines and 1 Point for every $1 you spend anywhere else. The card has a bonus offer of 20,000 bonus points when you spend at least $650 in the first three months. This is enough points to earn a free roundtrip ticket to many destinations.The points you earn can be redeemed for a variety of things such as select stays at luxury hotels and resorts, tickets to exclusive events, movies, gift cards, merchandise and more.
Pen Fed Premium Travel Privileges
The Pen Fed Premium Travel American Express offers members an array of travel privileges. Below is a list of privileges you will receive just for being a cardmember.
- Complimentary VIP Membership in Airport Lounges Worldwide: Cardmembers receive exclusive access to luxury with two free visits to over 600 airport lounges around the globe if eligible. Eligible Cardmembers receive membership and two complimentary passes to over 600 airport lounges around the world. Members must spend $15,000 annually to receive their Priority Pass membership.
- Complimentary (and exemplary) 24/7 Concierge Services: If you need something done you can let the Concierge handle it for you at anytime. This service can help with just about anything, from finding those hard-to-find tickets to reserving private jet services.
- PenFed Travel Privileges: Cardmembers enjoy a premium collection of Travel Privileges available at PenFedTravelPrivileges.com. These travel privileges include: Premium Hotel Privileges which enhance your stay with a room upgrade if available, daily breakfast for two, and a special guest amenity at participating luxury hotels and resorts worldwide. Premium Airline Privileges which give access special fare savings to a range of international destinations. Premium Car Rental Privileges which provides a two-car-class upgrade, complimentary rental day, or special savings on your next rental. Premium Cruise Privileges in which members receive an onboard credit on your next sailing and special Travel Offers: $100 off qualifying vacation packages.
- Comprehensive, World-class Travel Insurance Coverage: The service provides anything from emergency medical evacuation coverage to up to $100,000 of travel accident insurance. You will also be protected in the even of lost luggage, baggage delay and trip delay protection.
- Roadside Assistance and Car Rental Insurance Coverage: As a Cardmember, the roadside assistance covers you in your own car or any car you drive virtually anywhere in the world. Charge a rental car to the Card and you also receive automatic coverage for damage to due collision or theft.
How to Apply for the Pen Fed Premium Travel American Express
Applying for this credit card is quick and easy. We’ve provided a link below that will take you to the official PenFed website for the card. From this page, you can click on the apply now button to go to the Pen Fed Premium Travel American Express secure online application. The application takes just a few minutes to complete, and they will even notify you about the outcome of your application.