The PenFed Visa® Platinum Cash Rewards Card is designed for those seeking a cash back card that rewards you most on your gasoline purchases. There is a low balance transfer introductory rate of 2.99% for the first 12 months and the balance transfer fee is 3%. There is no annual fee and this card does not charge a foreign transaction fee when making purchases overseas. To qualify for this card you must have excellent credit and be a member of the Pentagon Federal Credit Union.
This is a cash back rewards card that allows you to earn 5.00% cash back from gas purchases when you pay at the pump, you can earn 2% cash back for your super market purchases and you can earn 1.00% cash back from all purchases you make with the card during each billing cycle. Your cash rewards are credited each month and there are no special restrictions to earn your cash rewards.
PenFed Visa® Platinum Cash Rewards Card
The PenFed VISA Platinum Gas / Cash Rewards Card has a simple fee structure. Here is what you can expect with this card:
- No annual fee
- No late fees or other penalty fees
- No foreign transaction fees
How to Join Pentagon Federal Credit Union
In order to apply for this rewards card you first have to be a member of PenFed Credit Union. In order to join, you need to fulfill two requirements. First you need to determine if you are eligible to join and then you need to open a Regular Share Account with at least $5. To determine if you are eligible take a look at the Top 7 Ways to Join listed below:
- United States Military & Uniformed Service – United States Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, National Guard, Reserves, Cadets, ROTC
- Member of an Eligible Association or the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) – American Society of Military Comptrollers, Army Warrant Officers Association, AUSA, and more…
- United States Government Employees -Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Defense, Department of Army, and the Department of Air Force
- Family Member of Housemate – Immediate family, roommate, legal guardian…
- Employee of an Eligible Place of Business -Anderson Air Force Base, DCVA Medical Center – Contractors, Walter Reed Army Medical Center…
- American Red Cross – You are eligible to become a member if you are an employee or volunteer of the American Red Cross.
- National Military Family Association (NMFA) – You can join the NMFA in order to become a member with Pentagon Federal Credit Union.
How to Apply for the PenFed Visa® Platinum Cash Rewards Card
Once you are a member, applying for this credit card is quick and easy. We’ve provided a link below that will take you to the official PenFed website for the card. From this page, you can click on the apply now button to go to the PenFed Visa® Platinum Cash Rewards Card secure online application. The application takes just a few minutes to complete, and they will even notify you about the outcome of your application.